samedi 6 novembre 2010

First Pearl

Windy Day

Moonbird

As I have a lot more time lately, I am having a close look on what inspires me in my work field and what makes me cogitate in the world of animation films. So here is the first pearl:

The thing that really touches me in the world of John and Faith Hubley is that their work is very pictural. They have a real sense of colours and textures. They play on clear outlines above dark backgrounds, thin coloured pencil lines or very thick felt tip pen marks. I love particularly the two short films MoonBird and Windy Day because they completelly embrace the world of childhood in its most free and imaginative way.

4 commentaires:

gini a dit…

heLLo !!! on est à Berlin pour quelques mois! yes !!ya ya
xxxxx
gini

João a dit…

that is realy brillant ! hurray for handy cartoons ! hurray!

Toktokada a dit…

Gini> profitez bien !!
Joao> ouais, ouais!! En ce moment j'ai tout envie de faire artisanalement !

Cheese Nan a dit…

Plenty thanks! I really like the way the soundtrack matches the movements and the drawings make me think of John Burningham which I really really love... Hope everything is all right with you - talk to you soon love ;)